For the projects in electromagnetic fields and waves, antennas and propagation see Electromagnetic waves and fields
Industry- and service-oriented research in multimedia:
We are a research group oriented towards both academic and industrial research. We are keen for cooperation with industry.
Examples of major achievements with practical implications:
- First worldwide stereoscopic system for vehicle dimension estimation (2013).
- Experimental system for free-viewpoint television – partially in cooperation with Orange Labs (2012).
- Outstanding proposal for HEVC-based 3D video coding technology – we have been ranked among two the best proponents for HEVC-based 3D video coding technology in MPEG 2011 contest.
- Outstanding proposal for scalable video coding technology - ranked within three the best codecs in MPEG March 2004 contest for scalable coding.
- One of the very first worldwide AVC decoders for television set-top-boxes (early 2004) – cooperation with ADB.
Our systems on the way to markets:
- Free-viewpoint television.
- Stereoscopic system for vehicle measurements and classification.
- Intelligent video surveillance software.
- Wireless camera module.
- Polish TV,
- Orange Labs,
- Mitsubishi Electric,